Sunday 7 October 2012

Shit Happens

Sometimes, shit happens. And in my case, this is usually in the form of acne. I suffered with really bad acne when I was younger: I had to use lots of really harsh products, usually on prescription. I took antibiotics for a long time, used face cream that was 10% peroxide and in the end put pure lemon juice on my face for twenty minutes a day. That was the only thing that worked on and really balanced my skin out. However, it does sting like a bitch.

As I've got older (and given up drinking!) my skin has settled down quite a lot. It's still pretty oily, but I comfort myself by saying I won't age as quickly if this is the case! I always experiment with lots of different skincare routines and change about every two months or so unless I find something I really love. Products that have worked in the past include Clarins' Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Tamarind coupled with their Hydra Matte Lotion. This is pretty expensive but truly amazing for my skin. The best thing I've ever done for my skin as well as the most expensive skincare routine I've ever had was Chanel: their Mousse Exfoliante Pureté and Pureté Idéale Serum.

But we know - because I discuss it ad nauseum - I'm on the dole and I cannot afford this. My skin hates me for not listening to careers advice in final year. So I'd like to introduce you to a MIRACLE. That costs FOUR POUNDS. And shrinks spots. Introducing:


Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment promises clearer skin in just one day. Normally such promises are bullshit. Not this time. 

It's amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment