Saturday 6 October 2012

Batman Joker Look


Face/Hair: Asda Hallowe'en Cream Paint in White and Green (£1 per tube) 
Illamasqua Debauch Cream Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Omen mixed with Perversion
Eyes: Urban Decay Perversion covering eyebrow and blended down to cover whole lid and under eye
Urban Decay Grifter blended into lid
Fake eyebrows created with Urban Decay Roach and Ransom
Mouth: Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Temper (KNEW I would find a use for this some day) applied heavily to lips and then blended outwards using a sponge
Shadows/details added with Urban Decay Roach 



I used sponges rather than brushes for the majority of this look. Layering the paint on thick then sponging away at it really helped create the texture I was going for. I've tried to incorporate certain 'fashion' elements of make up into this - such as the glossy lip, shimmer eyeshadow and - though it's difficult to make out - I mixed the green and white to create a kind of 'mouldy' contour effect! I also sponged the green paint through my hair to mimic Heath Ledger a little further. Obviously this is full-on scary and not something you'd wear to look pretty - but don't worry, I'm going to do a more 'prettified' version too! I'm actually really pleased with myself with this look - I have never ever tried anything like this before and it certainly makes me feel more confident with doing characters. Hope you enjoy!

And because the contrast REALLY made me laugh, look what's next to these pictures in my Photo Booth:


At least I've convinced myself I'm mildly talented now I've seen that difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment